Are you planning a day trip with the kids soon? Make sure you pack the essentials with our summer fun checklist of the top 7 necessities for keeping your kids happy and healthy outdoors.
- Sunscreen is extremely important to bring with you. Sunburns are always painful and damage the skin, but sometimes prolonged sun exposure can cause severe burns that require medical attention or even a hospital stay. Don’t hesitate to bring your child to Parsi Pediatrics for treatment if they are badly burned. Skin cancer can also develop in children, particularly in kids who have a family history of skin cancer or other risk factors.
- Bug Repellent protects kids from stings and bites. It is vital for shielding young ones from getting bitten up by mosquitos, which cause swelling, itchy bug bites. Bug bites should be avoided at all times, especially because bugs have the potential to carry diseases such as the West Nile Virus or the Zika Virus.
- Bug Bite Treatment to relieve the itching and swelling quickly when those critters are determined to get your little one. If you see a suspicious bite or sting that needs a medical exam and treatment, schedule an appointment with one of the doctors at Parsi Pediatrics.
- Water to keep the kids hydrated and wash off scrapes and scratches. Water is the most important drink to have on hot days, but electrolytes are also important. Electrolyte powders can be added to water, or you could bring electrolyte-replacing drinks. Be aware that drinks like Gatorade are high in sugars.
- Bandages are a must-have for kids. Growing children tend to be a bit clumsy, and you’ll want to protect any cuts or scrapes, so you can continue your trip exploring Enchanted Rock, playing at the beach, or fishing at the lake.
- Rubbing Alcohol Wipes can help clean bug bites and disinfect surfaces or objects. They can also be used to clean hands in a pinch.
- Snacks with protein help give kids their energy back to keep enjoying the day in between meals. Turkey jerky, trail mixes, and peanut butter are great for more active outings such as hiking.
Whether your child needs care for a sunburn or needs a routine check-up, call us at 210.561.1551 to make an appointment. Parsi Pediatrics is your local pediatrician in San Antonio providing the best comprehensive and high quality care for kids. Visit our office in San Antonio to find the right pediatrician for your child.